[Vision2020] The end of real slavery

Mushroom mushroom@moscow.com
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:20:22 -0800

History is littered with cults (or supply your more modest
word here) like Doug Wilson's.

Christ Church must represent the beliefs of far less than 1
percent of the religious people in the world. Does that mean
that they are wrong?

Absolutely not.

I am just one person, and a lot fewer than the members of
Christ Church, and I find a lot of their beliefs -- such as
how the husband is the head of the household and the wife
should recognize that -- unacceptable.

So does that make me wrong? Absoutely not.

Doug Wilson is open to criticism -- and almost demands it --
when he says he is right and I am wrong. I may be only one
person willing to question this, but I can't imagine
accepting Doug's conclusions about the way to live life.

Secular humanists would have waged fewer wars and produced a
better world than we have today.

Doug's latest posting to Vision 2020 suggests that liberals
haven't registered their opposition to slavery in the world
today. No liberal who has posted to Vision 2020 in the past
year (including me) has or would offer any support to
slavery -- which does exist, and which shouldn't.

Doug may say that I will go to Hell. What a silly person
Doug is.

Doug may respond and say I am taking chances with my
immortal soul. And my response to Doug's response would be
what a silly person Doug is.

Don Coombs