[Vision2020] Gay marriage

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:25:41 EST

--part1_15f.28a568d4.2cefeae5_boundary

Rob,

I agree with you 100%. It says this in Article IV Section 1 . It says: "Full
faith and credit shall be given in each state to the public acts, records, and
judicial proceedings of every other state."
It is the second part of that section in which the US Congress has power to
prescribe how those laws shall be proved. It does not say it can abolish them,
or allow the states to pick and choose which acts they agree with or disagree
with. That is what it is doing with the "Defense of Marriage Act".

I also fail to understand how this is indeed a defense of marriage when it
doesn't defend it at all. In fact, it does the opposite, it attacks and prevents
people from getting married.
9/10 of the members of the Senate that backed that the "Defense of Marriage
Act" have either been married more than once or been caught cheating on their
wives. I think if they truly wanted to defend marriage they would be doing
something about the 50% divorce rate and lack of enforcement of adultery. But, no,
they only support legislation that supports their own self-interests and will
not land them in jail. We have a bunch of crooks watching to make sure nobody
is a crook.
I for one think it is time for Senator Dashel to go. If he doesn't on his
own, I will be happy to support anyone that runs against him. If you want a
Republican in office, I think it should be one. He has lost touch with his own
party. Just like Zell Miller is no longer a Democrat.
Why don't they do anything about the 21 year-old girls marrying 80 year-old
men? Why don't they say anything when two people of a different religion get
married? It has nothing to do with religion. It has nothing to do with love.
What it has to do with is sheer bigotry and the belief that they (those married
in heterosexual marriage that opposed homosexual marriage) are superior to
others. They want to think that they have something special endorsed by God
Almighty that other members of society, namely gays and lesbians, cannot ever have
or enjoy.
To bad what they back is unconstitutional and has no more reasoning behind it
than the "trial by ordeals" or the logic behind it of that used in proving
someone a witch in the Salem trials. Same Gender marriage does nothing to
corrupt any other marriage. It is independent and separate than any other marriage
or institution.
Bigotry, hatred, and ignorance is the ONLY reasons for someone to oppose a
legal, state sponsored binding agreement between two people of their own free
will that has zero impact on them.

Donovan

--part1_15f.28a568d4.2cefeae5_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Rob,<BR>
<BR>
I agree with you 100%. It says this in Article IV Section 1 . It says: "Full=
 faith and credit shall be given in each state to the public acts, records,=20=
and judicial proceedings of every other state."<BR>
It is the second part of that section in which the US Congress has power to=20=
prescribe how those laws shall be proved. It does not say it can abolish the=
m, or allow the states to pick and choose which acts they agree with or disa=
gree with. That is what it is doing with the "Defense of Marriage Act".<BR>
<BR>
I also fail to understand how this is indeed a defense of marriage when it d=
oesn't defend it at all. In fact, it does the opposite, it attacks and preve=
nts people from getting married.<BR>
9/10 of the members of the Senate that backed that the "Defense of Marriage=20=
Act" have either been married more than once or been caught cheating on thei=
r wives. I think if they truly wanted to defend marriage they would be doing=
 something about the 50% divorce rate and lack of enforcement of adultery. B=
ut, no, they only support legislation that supports their own self-interests=
 and will not land them in jail. We have a bunch of crooks watching to make=20=
sure nobody is a crook.<BR>
I for one think it is time for Senator Dashel to go. If he doesn't on his ow=
n, I will be happy to support anyone that runs against him. If you want a Re=
publican in office, I think it should be one. He has lost touch with his own=
 party. Just like Zell Miller is no longer a Democrat. <BR>
Why don't they do anything about the 21 year-old girls marrying 80 year-old=20=
men? Why don't they say anything when two people of a different religion get=
 married? It has nothing to do with religion. It has nothing to do with love=
. What it has to do with is sheer bigotry and the belief that they (those ma=
rried in heterosexual marriage that opposed homosexual marriage) are superio=
r to others. They want to think that they have something special endorsed by=
 God Almighty that other members of society, namely gays and lesbians, canno=
t ever have or enjoy. <BR>
To bad what they back is unconstitutional and has no more reasoning behind i=
t than the "trial by ordeals" or the logic behind it of that used in proving=
 someone a witch in the Salem trials. Same Gender marriage does nothing to c=
orrupt any other marriage. It is independent and separate than any other mar=
riage or institution.<BR>
Bigotry, hatred, and ignorance is the ONLY reasons for someone to oppose a l=
egal, state sponsored binding agreement between two people of their own free=
 will that has zero impact on them.<BR>
<BR>
Donovan</FONT></HTML>

--part1_15f.28a568d4.2cefeae5_boundary--