[Vision2020] Wilson's slavery book at library

bill london london@moscow.com
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:39:43 -0800

--------------000506080804020209070306

While I understand that the library did purchase one copy from Canon
Press, I know that the second copy was a donation.
I gave the library the copy I purchased because I want everyone in the
Palouse to read Wilson's book.
While I do support Wilson's freedom of speech (as long as he doesn't
start buying and selling human beings), I also think the community
should respond with more speech.  And that should be based on direct
information--like the information that can be obtained by reading that book.
If you want to know what Wilson and Wilkins think about slavery, go to
the library and read their book.
BL

Donovan Arnold wrote:

> While I am not opposed to a library buying any book, can they think of
> something more important and meaningful to buy? I would hate to think
> that we are buying garbage books when we could be using our hard
> earned tax dollars to buy books that have things in them like facts
> and useful information. I am also curious, is Mr. Wilson's book under
> the fiction or non-fiction section?
>
> Donovan
>
> >From: bill london >To: Vision2020 >Subject: [Vision2020] Wilson's
> slavery book at library >Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:45:16 -0800 > >The
> public library in Moscow now has two copies of the booklet on >slavery
> that Doug Wilson co-authored. > >The first copy circulates to
> borrowers like other books. > >The second copy stays at the library.
> Anyone can read it there. Go >to the circulation desk and ask for it.
> The librarian there will >have you sign for it (you do not need a
> library card) and then you >can have it for a few hours to read. Since
> it is only about 40 >pages long, you should be able to read it there
> in one sitting. > >The library also has copies of the rebuttal text
> written by two UI >history professors ("Southern Slavery As It Wasn't"
> by Quinlan and >Ramsey). >BL >
> >_____________________________________________________ >List services
> made available by First Step Internet, serving the >communities of the
> Palouse since 1994. >http://www.fsr.net >mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com
> >ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

> Has one of the new viruses infected your computer? Find out with a
> FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now!
> <http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2755??PS=> .

--------------000506080804020209070306

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
While I understand that the library did purchase one copy from Canon
Press, I know that the second copy was a donation.<br>
I gave the library the copy I purchased because I want everyone in the
Palouse to read Wilson's book.&nbsp; <br>
While I do support Wilson's freedom of speech (as long as he doesn't
start buying and selling human beings), I also think the community
should respond with more speech.&nbsp; And that should be based on direct
information--like the information that can be obtained by reading that
book.<br>
If you want to know what Wilson and Wilkins think about slavery, go to
the library and read their book.<br>
BL<br>
Donovan Arnold wrote:<br>
 cite="midLaw11-F1026nj3UH2A600019745@hotmail.com">
think of something more important and meaningful to buy? I would hate
to think that we are buying garbage books when we could be using our
hard earned tax dollars to buy books that have things in them like
facts and useful information. I am also curious, is Mr. Wilson's book
under the fiction or non-fiction section?</p>
&gt;From: bill london <LONDON @moscow.com="">
  </LONDON>&gt;To: Vision2020 <VISION2020 @moscow.com="">
  </VISION2020>&gt;Subject: [Vision2020] Wilson's slavery book at
library &gt;Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:45:16 -0800 &gt; &gt;The public
library in Moscow now has two copies of the booklet on &gt;slavery that
Doug Wilson co-authored. &gt; &gt;The first copy circulates to
borrowers like other books. &gt; &gt;The second copy stays at the
library. Anyone can read it there. Go &gt;to the circulation desk and
ask for it. The librarian there will &gt;have you sign for it (you do
not need a library card) and then you &gt;can have it for a few hours
to read. Since it is only about 40 &gt;pages long, you should be able
to read it there in one sitting. &gt; &gt;The library also has copies
of the rebuttal text written by two UI &gt;history professors
("Southern Slavery As It Wasn't" by Quinlan and &gt;Ramsey). &gt;BL
services made available by First Step Internet, serving the
&gt;communities of the Palouse since 1994. &gt;<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.fsr.net">http://www.fsr.net</a>
&gt;<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com">mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com</a>
&gt;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr; </div>
  <hr> <a href="http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2755??PS=">Has one of the
new viruses infected your computer? Find out with a FREE online
computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now!</a> .

--------------000506080804020209070306--