[Vision2020] Civil War

Jackie Woolf jfkwoolf2000@yahoo.com
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:51:54 -0800 (PST)

--0-842732282-1069177914=:35002

Ok, from my years in school and since, I learned that the Civil War
was NOT so much about the right to slaves but the right for states
to self govern without the Federal Government stepping in and dictating
the way things will be.  Slavery may have fuled the issue, but it
seems to me you all are forgetting what the real issue was.

Secondly, while Pastor Wilson (rightfully) states he is against slavery,
he also states the theory, which Christ Himself stated, "While in Rome
do as Romans."  The Christian had/has no right to impose its views on
slavery and overthrow the government to prove its point.  His main point
in the pamphlet was the unnecessary blood-shed that took place during
that conflict and that slavery had very little to do with why brother was
fighting brother.  Read the history books, the biographies, the autobiographies
of the time and you will not find as much on the subject of slavery as much
as you will on the "Yankees telling us, the Confederates, what to do".

Seems to me like we have our own little "civil war" issue going on here in Moscow
what with one group or another telling us we have to accept their lifestyle/beliefs
or else, even when we know it is the wrong thing for us to be doing.

Thirdly, all of you sanctimonious, self-rightous, self grandising,  smug, haughty,
"connected" beings that continue to buy products from countries that use slave labor
or continue to support countries such as South Africa (hello WSU)
need to get a grip.  It must be nice to sit up in an ivory balcony high above and
look down on the rest of us and pass judgement - regarless of the
fact that you do not know us or even make the effort to.  No commitment,
no effort, no cost to you.

Try reading the pamphlet and then go to the
meeting and listen (WITH open minds - if possible) for YOURSELF to see if what you are hearing
IS what you are hearing.  I suspect you will come away with a
totally different point of view.

Thank you

--0-842732282-1069177914=:35002

<DIV>Ok, from my years in school and since, I learned that the Civil War</DIV>
<DIV>was NOT so much about the right to slaves but the right for states</DIV>
<DIV>to self govern without the Federal Government stepping in and dictating</DIV>
<DIV>the way things will be.&nbsp; Slavery may have fuled the issue, but it </DIV>
<DIV>seems to me you all are forgetting what the real issue was.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Secondly, while Pastor Wilson (rightfully) states he is against slavery,</DIV>
<DIV>he also states the theory, which Christ Himself stated, "While in Rome</DIV>
<DIV>do as Romans."&nbsp; The Christian had/has no right to impose its views on </DIV>
<DIV>slavery and overthrow the government to prove its point.&nbsp; His main point </DIV>
<DIV>in the pamphlet was the unnecessary blood-shed that took place during</DIV>
<DIV>that conflict and that slavery had very little to do with why brother was </DIV>
<DIV>fighting brother.&nbsp; Read the history books, the biographies, the autobiographies</DIV>
<DIV>of the time and you will not find&nbsp;as much on the subject of slavery as much</DIV>
<DIV>as you will on the "Yankees telling us, the Confederates, what to do".</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Seems to me like we have our own&nbsp;little "civil war" issue going on here in Moscow</DIV>
<DIV>what with one group or another telling us we have to accept their lifestyle/beliefs</DIV>
<DIV>or else, even when we know it is the wrong thing for us to be doing.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thirdly, all of you sanctimonious, self-rightous, self&nbsp;grandising,&nbsp; smug, haughty,</DIV>
<DIV>"connected" beings that continue to buy products from countries that use slave labor</DIV>
<DIV>or continue to support countries such as South Africa (hello WSU)</DIV>
<DIV>need to get a grip.&nbsp; It must be nice to sit up in an ivory balcony high above&nbsp;and</DIV>
<DIV>look down on the rest of us and pass judgement - regarless of the</DIV>
<DIV>fact that you do not know us or even make the effort to.&nbsp; No commitment,</DIV>
<DIV>no effort, no cost to you.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Try reading the pamphlet and then go to the</DIV>
<DIV>meeting&nbsp;and listen (WITH open minds - if possible) for YOURSELF to see if what you are hearing</DIV>
<DIV>IS what you are hearing.&nbsp; I suspect you will come away with a </DIV>
<DIV>totally different point of view.</DIV>
<P>Thank you</P><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-842732282-1069177914=:35002--