[Vision2020] An Open Letter to the Moscow-Pullman Communities

Garrett Clevenger onewildearth@hotmail.com
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 23:22:46 -0800

Dale,
Thank you for forwarding the letter from Roy Atwood.

Do you mind asking Roy why he said "racial slavery" and not just "slavery"
in his quote, "The College will neither participate in nor endorse any event
in which racism is supported or racial slavery—past or present—is condoned."

>From what I understand, it is Wilson's view that the bible condones slavery
and that, therefore, some kinds of slavery are acceptable, that is
troubling, not that he is racist (which I doubt he is).  Does Roy also
believe that some forms of slavery are acceptable?

Thank you,

Garrett Clevenger

http://www.icehouse.net/garrett

"What are we doing to our Humanity?!:("

MSN Shopping upgraded for the holidays!  Snappier product search...
http://shopping.msn.com