[Vision2020] Thoughts on the conference

Dan Carscallen predator75@moscow.com
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:02:34 -0800

Carl, I couldn't have put it better myself.  (should I put a disclaimer
about this being the sole opinion of the guy who doesn't really align
himself with any "wing", though I probably lean more to the right?)

It seems that everyone is just looking for something to say about Doug
Wilson.  Whoopidee ding dong.  I couldn't tell you if I knew anyone who
attended Christ Church because I don't know if I know anyone who does,
and I might recognize Mr. Wilson if we passed on the street, but only
because the paper seems to run his picture every other day.  And I for
dang sure haven't seen any horns growing out of his head.  Slavery this,
topless that, does any of it really matter in the big scheme of things?

I guess it just goes to show that Moscow really is a pretty nice place
to live when most of the arguments are about petty stuff, right?

Livin' and lettin' live,

DC

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]
On Behalf Of Carl Westberg
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 9:43 AM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] Thoughts on the conference

Disclaimer:  the following is the sole opinion of the liberal writing
the
post, and in no way should be thought to reflect the opinions of any
others
of his ilk, living or dead, real or fictional.....I agree with Don
Coombs
that this has been blown out of proportion.  I do not think that Mr.
Wilson
is a racist.  I do find his beliefs on slavery and the civil war
curious,
and I do disagree with them, vigorously.  I also disagree with his views
on
evolution; topless car washes; and probably more taste, less filling;
Ginger
or Maryanne; Wilma or Betty, but I can't equate him with that
black-hearted
old man in Hayden.  Slavery will no doubt be an issue during this
conference, but, as other people have written earlier, this is a diverse

community, existing in a diverse world, and, as Rob Keenan pointed out,
prior restraint ain't a good thing.  On a related note, I happen to know
few members of Christ Church, and despite our philosophical differences,

I've even had a few beers from time to time with one of them.  To
protect
his innocence, I will not reveal his name, but I was shocked to discover

that he's not a bad guy.....for a conservative, of course.

                                   Carl Westberg Jr.

Crave some Miles Davis or Grateful Dead?  Your old favorites are always
playing on MSN Radio Plus. Trial month free!

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com