[Vision2020] public schools & indoctrination

John Harrell johnbharrell@yahoo.com
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:17:24 -0800 (PST)

Amy and Dovovan,

You two are joking right? This is so funny it makes me laugh.

This isn't "sharing." This is about someone being bigger than you,
forcibly taking what belongs to you. It doesn't matter what they
do with it after they "bully" it out of you.

I guess you two think it is ok for the biggest and toughest to
take from the smaller person. Because that is what this is all about.

Sharing is done voluntarily - out of the kindness of your heart,
selflessly, just as Jesus did.

Extortion is what you are confusing with sharing. Too bad you cant
see the difference.

Here, I think you should "share" to pay for my house. Here again,
I think you should "share" to pay for my childrens education.
Here again, I think you should "share" to pay for my retirement.
Here again, I think you should "share" to pay for my medical needs.
Here again, I think you should "share" to pay for clothing my
children. Here again, I think you "share" to pay for my job security.
ad nauseum

Please STOP sharing!! Your sharing is causing me to go bankrupt!

Cheers!
John Harrell

--- Donovan Arnold <donovanarnold@hotmail.com> wrote:

---------------------------------

Amy,

Don't you find it ironic that the people that claim to follow Christ, who gave up all his
wealth, property, and even life to the world, would be frieghtened by the concept of a
child sharing with a poorer child their gold colored crayon? What next, will these
children feed the hungry and cloth the naked? I think some things are more important than
the concept of ownership of property. The real values of a person do not rest in THINGS
they call "mine", they are inside the person. That is most important thing you can teach
a child (an in some cases, adults).

Donovan

>From: "amy smoucha"

>To: joshuahendrik@yahoo.com, vision2020@moscow.com

>Subject: RE: [Vision2020] public schools & indoctrination

>Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 01:50:31 -0600

---------------------------------
 Customize MSN Messenger with backgrounds, emoticons and more.

> ATTACHMENT part 2 message/rfc822
> From: "amy smoucha" <asmoucha@hotmail.com>
> To: joshuahendrik@yahoo.com, vision2020@moscow.com
> Subject: RE: [Vision2020] public schools & indoctrination
> Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 01:50:31 -0600

---------------------------------

Well, Joshua, it's been a long time since I took child development, but I think the stage
where everything is "mine" belongs primarily to toddlers (and libertarians and you).
Again, I sincerely doubt that children have any sense of property "rights."  Yeah, before
they realize their connectedness to others, and not just to mom, they live in a
self-centered universe, and they think everything they can eat or touch belongs to them
exclusively, but when properly loved and held and socialized (as I was and as my
theoretical children would be), they move past that stage.

No one would argue that we should teach children that "what their parents buy for them
really belongs to others."  But maybe we should teach them to value others more than what
their parents buy for them.

Amy