[Vision2020] Devisiveness Must Stop

Paul Duffau pduffau@adelphia.net
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 06:38:43 -0800

--=====================_88015301==_.ALT

WTG, Jim!

First you say that divisiveness must stop and then you post a nasty,
negative  message as what?  An effort to be conciliatory?  I can see how
that could conceivably bring unity.

Now mind you, I don't get to upset when people play politics.  That's how
we decide things without guns which is a good thing (especially since I'm a
lousy shot.)  What I do object to is someone claiming divisiveness must
stop then presenting a screed on why and how to ostracize a group.  That is
hypocritical and less than honest.  It also treats me as though I'm too
stupid to tell the difference.

Rather than excuse criminal activity (people feel driven to resort to such
behavior is because they feel threatened and impotent), hurling invective
for the sake of incitement, and acting with sanctimonious indignation
perhaps you might try to find a bridge to that other group.  That's what
good leaders do.  Bad ones demagogue on the evils of "others".

Tell you what, though.  I'll give you a couple of weeks to ruminate on
this.  Just trying to be "charitable."

Paul Duffau

ps.  I don't attend or patronize the church, the school, the bakery.

--=====================_88015301==_.ALT

WTG, Jim!<br>
First you say that divisiveness must stop and then you post a nasty,
negative&nbsp; message as what?&nbsp; An effort to be conciliatory?&nbsp;
I can see how that could conceivably bring unity.<br>
Now mind you, I don't get to upset when people play politics.&nbsp;
That's how we decide things without guns which is a good thing
(especially since I'm a lousy shot.)&nbsp; What I do object to is someone
claiming divisiveness must stop then presenting a screed on why and how
to ostracize a group.&nbsp; That is hypocritical and less than
honest.&nbsp; It also treats me as though I'm too stupid to tell the
difference.<br>
Rather than excuse criminal activity (<font size=2>people feel driven to
resort to such behavior is because they feel threatened and impotent),
hurling invective for the sake of incitement, and acting with
sanctimonious indignation perhaps you might try to find a bridge to that
other group.&nbsp; That's what good leaders do.&nbsp; Bad ones demagogue
on the evils of &quot;others&quot;.<br>
Tell you what, though.&nbsp; I'll give you a couple of weeks to ruminate
on this.&nbsp; Just trying to be &quot;charitable.&quot;<br>
Paul Duffau<br>
ps.&nbsp; I don't attend or patronize the church, the school, the bakery.