[Vision2020] Local businessman slandered

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 02:00:13 -0800

<P><BR>Now, if this is a true "Christian" Bakery, can it feed the whole city on just two loaves of bread? And does charge for a profit? Just kidding, but I felt it must be said&nbsp;because so many people were probably thinking it.</P>
<P>Donovan<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: mghuskey@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: "David Douglas" <DDOUGLAS@PACSIM.COM>, "'Melynda Huskey'" <MGHUSKEY@MOSCOW.COM>, <VISION2020@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Local businessman slandered
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:58:06 GMT
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Dear David,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;You're right--I was sloppy in my referent. "Christian bakery owner" would be
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;much clearer and more accurate.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;If you'll accept the emendation, then I'll add that if bakery owners feel
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;compelled to rebuke what they perceive as sin in the newspaper, it would be at
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;least consistent of them to rebuke a sin they see committed every day, and from
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;which they profit, like intemperance. It would also be consistent to
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;acknowledge that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and are
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;nonetheless accepted as customers--the rich, the gluttonous, the angry, the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;selfish, those who call their brothrs and sisters fools, those who have
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;divorced their spouses, those who have looked with lust upon another person,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;the arrogant, the proud, those who grind the poor, the inhospitable, liars.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Of course, it wouldn't be such great pr. "Come to the store where we know
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;you're a big old sinner, but we're glad to accept you and your money anyway."
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Comes across as a little, well, sanctimonious. Which is apparently all right
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;as long as it's only gay people who are singled out.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Melynda Huskey
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; I assume a "Christian bakery" is one owned by Christians or associated with
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; a Christian institution. Do I understand that you would prefer they hector,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; er, "reflect", their values regarding gluttony rather than NOT "reflect"
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; their values regarding the other six "deadly sins"? (well actually seven,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; seeing as how they don't moralize on gluttony, either). Isn't it enough
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; that they provide food? Should Bucer's preach temperance lectures as it
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; serves beer? If you have had, do have, or ever will have a business of your
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; own, what moral reflections would you provide?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Is this what you really want? If not, it would seems to be a non-sequitor.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Cheers,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; -
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; David Douglas
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;---------------------------------------------
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;This message was sent by First Step Internet.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; http://www.fsr.net/
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;_____________________________________________________
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; List services made available by First Step Internet,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; http://www.fsr.net
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>