[Vision2020] Local businessman slandered

mghuskey@moscow.com mghuskey@moscow.com
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:58:06 GMT

Dear David,

You're right--I was sloppy in my referent.  "Christian bakery owner" would be
much clearer and more accurate.

If you'll accept the emendation, then I'll add that if bakery owners feel
compelled to rebuke what they perceive as sin in the newspaper, it would be at
least consistent of them to rebuke a sin they see committed every day, and from
which they profit, like intemperance.  It would also be consistent to
acknowledge that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and are
nonetheless accepted as customers--the rich, the gluttonous, the angry, the
selfish, those who call their brothrs and sisters fools, those who have
divorced their spouses, those who have looked with lust upon another person,
the arrogant, the proud, those who grind the poor, the inhospitable, liars.

Of course, it wouldn't be such great pr.  "Come to the store where we know
you're a big old sinner, but we're glad to accept you and your money anyway."
Comes across as a little, well, sanctimonious.  Which is apparently all right
as long as it's only gay people who are singled out.

Melynda Huskey

           http://www.fsr.net/