[Vision2020] In Support of Alturas Park

John Danahy jdanahy@turbonet.com
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 15:37:53 -0800

Anatek Labs is certainly the type of business the park was created to
support.  I agree that it would be nice to attract similar businesses to the
park.  However, statements like "This will not happen without a healthy mix
of other supporting businesses and a business-friendly environment in
general" that imply a need at the park in a business community as small as
Moscow are as inaccurate as many claim BL's statements are.  Certainly
Moscow is not Spokane (except possibly for city admin salaries) and such
centralization of services inside a single park is unrealistic.
Also such statements as "The anti-business rhetoric that pervades Vision
2020..." do not create the aura of a broad vision for Moscow.  Rather such
blatantly negative and untrue statements sound more like those who benefit
from tax support defending their turf.  Let us not forget capitalism and the
desire for financial gain, not only from those who operate in the park, but
in those who invest in the park.
As for nit-picking the issue to death, I agree.  It does no good to argue
over how many businesses actually moved or what exactly the "downtown" area
is comprised of.  In reality, in following meaning of these posts and not
getting caught up uselessly in rhetoric, everyone wants the park to succeed,
the vision of how to get there is just different.
John

 Instead of nit-picking the issue to death, why
can't we all look to a broader vision of what a business park like Alturas
will do for Moscow?