[Vision2020] Grassroots for Dean

Rob Keenan benjamin_barker@hotmail.com
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:37:04 -0800

Just a couple of quick notes: Dean is now leading in New Hampshire. National
polls place him five points ahead of Clark. And he's got the biggest support
(13%) in the South of any Democratic candidate. The man has a viable shot.

There are two big issues I see facing me personally: health care and gay
rights. Dean's record on both issues speaks for itself.

ROB
----- Original Message -----
From: "Donovan Arnold" <donovanarnold@hotmail.com>
To: <benjamin_barker@hotmail.com>; <vision2020@moscow.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 11:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Grassroots for Dean

> Rob and others,
>
> While I am a social-progressive, and like Sharpton and Kucinich, I don't
like Howard Dean. There are numerous reasons why that I will not get into
because if I list them it will just cause people to go on the defensive. But
the bottom line is this guy cannot win a single southern state. Nobody more
than the Republican conservatives wants this guy to win the nomination and
are pouring money into his campaign. Dean's confederate flag comment has
cost him the support of Sharpton and Dean will now not be able to win Iowa.
If he loses in New Hampshire, he will not win the nomination, that is for
sure.

> Like I said, I personally favor Sharpton and Kucinich for my viewpoints.
However, I am politically inclined enough to realize they cannot win. So the
next couple of people I think fit my views as a social progressive is Kerry
and Clark. Both of these two men can beat Bush and have a shot at the
nomination. I personally like Clark better as a person and think his polling
well in the South over Bush would make him a better choice. But I am equally
comfortable with Kerry being President.

> If you really look at Dean's record, he is not as liberal as you think and
has less of a chance of winning. Why a social progressive would back a
candidate that has less of a chance to win and is less socially progressive
than other candidates that can win is something I will understand.

> Donovan
>

> >From: "Rob Keenan"
> >Subject: [Vision2020] Grassroots for Dean
> >Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 21:19:23 -0800
> >
> >Visionaries,
> >
> >Tonight I attended a grassroots meeting of Democrats supporting Howard
Dean