[Vision2020] Vision 2020: The real dirt on Autocrat Wilson

Jeremy Downey dunadhaigh@hotmail.com
Mon, 03 Nov 2003 13:58:33 -0800

<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>At great risk to my person, I have decided to release to the Moscow community the sordid and scandalous details concerning Fuhrer Wilson and his Reformed Reich.&nbsp; This will doubtless mean ostracism and possibly exile for myself as soon as the NSA Gestapo get wind of it, but as I have incriminating evidence against Grand Inquisitor John "The Annihilator" Schwandt, I should escape the Bucer's gas chambers.&nbsp; So here's the dirt on Herr Wilson:</P>
<P>He's a softy.&nbsp; Honestly, a real teddy bear.&nbsp; It's disgusting.</P>
<P>The guy cries publicly when excommunicants are reunited to the church.&nbsp; He's addicted to weddings.&nbsp; He enjoys playing with his grandchildren more than arguing on Vision 2020.&nbsp; He's probably the number one romance advisor on the Palouse.&nbsp; He has a sweet tooth and doesn't like vegetables.&nbsp; He has nearly the entire student body of NSA over to his house from time to time, and then brainwashes them with cookies, hot apple cider, and P. G. Wodehouse stories.&nbsp; He's been known to drink Zima.&nbsp; There's more, but I'm already sick enough.</P>
<P>Okay, so on a more serious note, what does any of this have to do with the current Vision 2020 discussion?&nbsp; Perhaps on the face of it, not much.&nbsp; However, it illustrates something that is indeed very important to the discussion: the fact that we are talking about a real man, with real ties to his family and to this community.&nbsp; And when people try to defame him, for whatever reason, they are defaming a real man, not some ogre-ish, neanderthalic monster.&nbsp; And as I happen to believe that Mr. Wilson is a good man, I think that a number of the attacks on him are really quite wicked.&nbsp; Call me a Hitler Youth, or point out the fact that I don't have the proper B.S. in B.S.,&nbsp; but that's the way I see it.&nbsp; There are some dagger-tongued Muscovites that ought to be ashamed.</P>
<P>To Jim Meyer (whom&nbsp;I don't think is one of the above): we are not going to disown a respected and well-loved spiritual father just because some ignorant and hateful detractors say he's racist.&nbsp; I, for one, am categorically not ashamed of anything Mr. Wilson has said on the matter.&nbsp; This is not because I'm a thoughtless automaton dutifully goose-stepping in line, but because I refuse to distance myself from a man I love in the presence of those who hate him.&nbsp; If someone wants to draw a line between Mr. Wilson and what they see as the rest of the Moscow community, then they will find me firmly in the Wilson camp.&nbsp; And what is more, a good deal of the Moscow community will be in the Wilson camp along with me.&nbsp; This is where our loyalties lie, because Mr. Wilson is our Christian brother, a minister of Jesus Christ, and a friend of the people of God.&nbsp; As Chris Morris (a black man) pointed out only last night, "When they attack our shepherd, t!
 hey attack us."&nbsp; And along with Chris Morris (once again, a black man), I'm officially pissed about it.<BR></P>
<DIV>Jeremy Downey</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Ad ignem tractus, ab igne consumptus, ex igne renatus.</DIV>