[Vision2020] Re: Dogmatically forwarded at Tom Drake's request

Dale Courtney dmcourtn@moscow.com
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:31:29 -0800

Mr. Hayman,

First, you may want to let Drake know that the "train/train" analogy was
used by me first this morning. Funny for him to try and use my anaology from
scratch.

Second, you may want to let him know that because someone makes a foolish
statement (even in print) doesn't make that person a fool. There's a
significant difference.

Thrid, and to the heart of the matter, is that the theory of evolution is a
"dogma"
(http://www.webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=dogma) -- an
established, authoritative tenant. The fact that a bombastic iconoclast such
as the esteemed lecturer at the UI denied that in his Letter to the Editor
is interesting.

Recall that Drake wrote: "First, Wilson repeatedly misrepresented
evolutionary theory as a "dogma," "ideology" or "worldview." Evolutionary
theory is no more a dogma, ideology or a worldview than is Newtonian
physics." Newtonian Physics was dogma until Einstein came along. And
Einstein's dogma is the current dogma. Drake wrote: "Once Newton explained
why apples fall down instead of up, did people suddenly stop pursuing moral
lives?" And he has confused his dog-gone dogmas.

I'm finished with this thread. My only point in even brining it up was to
demonstrate that the theory of evolution is a dogma that the evolutionists
don't even recognize. But as one philosopher said -- fish don't have any
idea what water is.

Best,
Dale