[Vision2020] Finally, a good news U of I story

Thomas Hansen tomh@FNA.fsn.uidaho.edu
Thu, 29 May 2003 14:47:54 -0700

This should make the owners of Funny Cide (the gelding that won the Kentucky
Derby and Preakness) very very happy.  Instead of charging stud fees (as
non-geldings do), they can charge cloning fees.

Tom Hansen

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Westberg [mailto:carlwestberg846@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 1:30 PM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] Finally, a good news U of I story

University of Idaho researchers announced today that in collaboration with
colleagues at Utah State University, they have successfully cloned a mule,
named Idaho Gem.  There is a story in today's Science magazine, which is no
doubt too deep for me.  I read about it in the Seattle Times.  This,
according to that newspaper, could have implications for cancer research and

more.  In the midst of budget woes and the University Place fiasco, it's
nice to have a positive story about the university for a change.

                                       Carl Westberg Jr.

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com