[Vision2020] Finally, a good news U of I story

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Thu, 29 May 2003 13:29:48 -0700

University of Idaho researchers announced today that in collaboration with
colleagues at Utah State University, they have successfully cloned a mule,
named Idaho Gem.  There is a story in today's Science magazine, which is no
doubt too deep for me.  I read about it in the Seattle Times.  This,
according to that newspaper, could have implications for cancer research and
more.  In the midst of budget woes and the University Place fiasco, it's
nice to have a positive story about the university for a change.

                                       Carl Westberg Jr.