[Vision2020] The Hamilton Money: Picture/sketch=1,000 Words

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Tue, 27 May 2003 19:00:30 -0700

Greetings Visionaires -

After reviewing stopthegym.com, I have a couple questions:

1)  It is stated several times within the website that, based upon Moscow's
recommendation, approximately $4.5 million of the $7 million will be going
toward salaries.  However, that is as detailed as the comment develops.
What salaries are being paid with the $4.5 million?

2)  Reference is made to:

http://www.enter.md/gymalternative.htm

The recommendation that authors of the website are apparently against:
Recommendation B reflects Moscow's suggestion showing "expected long term
operating losses" of $4 million and a complex consisting of a gymnasium,
offices, and a multipurpose room at a cost of $2.7 million.  Total:  $6.7
million.  What to do with the remaining $300,000?

The recommendation that authors of the website favor:  Without going into
itemized costs of Recommendation A, the total ranges from a minimum of $8.2
million to a maximum of $8.7 million.  It should also be noted that these
costs entail:

a)  $500,00 for a Logos School gymnasium in Moscow.  How many of Moscow's
children would benefit from that construction?

b)  $2.5 million for a basketball/volleyball complex in Spokane.  Again I
ask:  How many of Moscow's children would benefit from that construction?

c)  $700,000 for baseball and soccer fields in Boise.  I know that I am
beginning to sound like a broken record, but "How many of Moscow's children
would benefit from that construction?"

Suddenly those "expected long term operating losses" HERE IN MOSCOW do not
look so expensive, do they?

Take care,