[Vision2020] anti-Semitism

Douglas dougwils@moscow.com
Thu, 22 May 2003 16:16:39 -0700

Dear visionaries,

I found it!

When Wayne Fox accused me of anti-Semitism, I confessed to you all earlier
that I was nonplussed. I was like a congressman who had found a copy of the
Constitution. I honestly did not know what he was talking about. But when I
got a moment, I went back to my letter and found the offending passage.
Here it is:

"But when we get one [a memory hole], we will also try to arrange to
replace the Nazis with the Israeli Likkud party, and to increase the
Hispanic representation in Attila's hordes."

A joke, Wayne, is an archaic form of expression still found among
lesser-evolved primates. When one makes one of these expressions, sometimes
called "a funny," one's abdomen shakes in what is called a gut-chuckle, and
then one snorts through one's nose. All highly undignified, of course, but
a great deal of fun. No logical case can be made for doing this, I suppose.

Cordially,

Douglas Wilson