[Vision2020] Lies????

Douglas dougwils@moscow.com
Wed, 21 May 2003 11:07:25 -0700

Dear visionaries,

Sunil asks a reasonable question, which I would like to anwer with another
question (from my libertarian standpoint, at least in economics). When you
add it all up, the American taxpayer currently pays about fifty percent of
his earnings to federal, state and local governments. It has been a few
years since I noted the date, but at that time, hump day was sometime in
May. We work for the government from January to some point in the late spring.

What percentage of income does the government have to take before we are
enslaved?

Bob Hoffman thinks that because I think certain forms of slavery are
inescapable (and I do), I must therefore approve of every form of slavery
that can be conceived by the sinful mind of man. Which followeth no way.

Cordially,

Douglas Wilson