[Vision2020] News Article, Mental Illness, Fixation of Belief Discussion

Art Deco deco@moscow.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 10:58:53 -0700

Re: Quantum Physics

Mr. Wilson has presented no evidence that quantum physics is contradictory.
He merely tacitly asserts it.  Perhaps he has some evidence.  That quantum
physics as a heuristic model predicts extremely accurate results casts grave
doubt on the allegation that it contains contradictions.  It may not fully
explain all that it is meant to, thus inadequate for some purposes, but
since any deduction (predicted result) from a contradiction is valid, then
false observable results would be predicted in infinitude.  This hasn't
happened.

But perhaps, it is just my ignorance.

If so, Mr. Wilson can easily explain where the contradiction in quantum
physics is and why large amounts of false results are not being predicted.

More to the point:  If Mr. Wilson really doesn't believe in what he
perceives as contradictory quantum physics,  why doesn't he respond to the
problem created by the existence of a multiplicity of contradictory,
intensely held religious creeds without an unequivocal method of deciding
which, if any, is true?  Why doesn't he respond to questions of
contradictions in his own religious creed, e.g. the problem of evil, Jesus'
lineage, biblical inconsistencies, etc.?

Doug Jones responds to these problems by abandoning language and logic at
convenient junctures.  Perhaps Wilson will be more forthright.

Wayne Fox