[Vision2020] [Vision2020]self-govenment

thansen@moscow.com thansen@moscow.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 22:24:45 GMT

Joshua Nieuwsma stated:

"There will always be a market for illegal things. There will always be people
who break the laws because they are there.  But does it necessarily follow that
the market was created by the legality, or lack thereof?"

My answer to your question, Mr. Nieuwsma, is "Yes".  Illegality of a substance
strengthens the (black) market for it.  May I introduce into evidence the
Prohibition?  Not only was the Prohibition wrong for legislating morality, but
once the Prohibition Amendment was repealed, alot of former alcohol
distributors/sellers fizzled out with it (or entered the drug trade).

Tom Hansen
Moscow,
Idaho

           http://www.fsr.net/