[Vision2020] News Article

Doug Jones credenda@moscow.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 11:56:49 -0400

Wayne still doesn’t get it:

> Unfortunately, there is no unequivocal method (short of examining each
> belief for logical consistency) to test which set of religious
beliefs, if
> any, is true. . . . Using this framework as a starting point, the
conclusions of the
> behavioral scientists mentioned above seem at this point in
humankind's
> quest for knowledge, the most likely.

All of which is like Wayne suggesting "since there is no unequivocal
method, let's just impose my peculiar fantasy-paradigm on everyone
else."  How convenient.

And Wayne's comments support my initial point: apparently, secularists
can't possibly conceive that their view could be false. What sort of
evidence, Wayne, would make you think that the methods proposed above
might just be arbitrary fantasies? Stretch yourself.

Doug Jones