[Vision2020] Sinead and the Pope re: Honking the horn on the General Lee

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Mon, 12 May 2003 08:36:22 +0000

Auntie and others:

As usual, witty, eloquent, devastating... though I really don't agree.

However...

What I wonder is how the local Catholics escape the wrath of the local
agnostics, atheists and "progressives" (whatever that means)?!

Certainly the Pope and all his minions are more of threat to "liberation and
equality" than Doug Wilson and Christ Church will ever be.

Look what happened to that incredible women, that inspired dream come flesh,
Sinead O'Connor!  After one critical comment she made on Saturday Night Live
about the Pope, they set upon her with a vengeance, ruining her career for a
spell, silencing that beautiful, so effortlessly passionate DIVINE voice,
forcing cancellations of her concerts, and preventing her, to this day, from
receiving the full public audience and acclaim she deserves!

This amounted to a modern day "witch burning."

There is an hour long special recently produced titled "The Song of Heart's
Desire" featuring Sinead O'Connor.  To watch Sinead filmed up close as she
sang... I can't begin to express... every word and phrase I imagine pales.

This was the true meaning of having a "religious" experience.

Sinead should rule the spiritual world!

Ted