[Vision2020] Is this appropriate?

Lois Melina lmelina@moscow.com
Tue, 6 May 2003 15:13:25 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C313E2.0A7237A0

The Hot Flashes will be in concert this Saturday, May 10, at the Palouse =
Grange Hall in Palouse, Washington. The concert begins at 7 p.m.=20

In case there is any question whether this is an appropriate message for =
vision2020, I have compiled "The Top Five Reasons a Hot Flashes Concert =
IS Appropriate for the Vision2020 Listserv."

5.    We have no women on our board of directors. (No men either. No =
board of directors. Just us four women with middle-aged attitude singing =
old rock and roll.)

4.    No animals on Paradise Ridge will be harmed in this performance. =
(Although several hot pink birds gave their feathers for our boas.)

3.    We have once again been able to purchase new costumes without =
asking our community to pass a supplemental levy (although you will be =
asked for $5 at the door to support community projects in Palouse and =
medical expenses for Chantra Melior.

2.    We will be giving a tribute to our boys in uniform. (Not our women =
in uniform--this song is from a time before there were women in =
uniform--what do you think of that?)

1.    We have never ordered "one of everything on the menu." (We =
wouldn't be able to fit into those sequined gowns!)

Hope to see you at the concert!

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C313E2.0A7237A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#c8e0d8>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The Hot Flashes will be in concert this Saturday, =
May 10, at=20
the Palouse Grange Hall in Palouse, Washington. The concert begins at 7 =
p.m.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>In case there is any question whether this is an appropriate =
message for=20
vision2020, I have compiled "The Top Five Reasons a Hot Flashes Concert =
IS=20
Appropriate for the Vision2020 Listserv."</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>5.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; We have no women on our board =
of=20
directors. (No men either. No board of directors. Just us four women =
with=20
middle-aged attitude singing old rock and roll.)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>4.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; No animals on Paradise Ridge =
will be=20
harmed in this performance. (Although several hot pink birds =
</FONT><FONT=20
size=3D2>gave their feathers for our boas.)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>3.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; We have once again been able to =
purchase=20
new costumes without asking our community&nbsp;to pass&nbsp;a =
supplemental levy=20
(although you will be asked for $5 at the door to support community =
projects in=20
Palouse and medical expenses for Chantra Melior.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>2.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; We will be giving a tribute =
to&nbsp;our=20
boys in uniform. (Not&nbsp;our&nbsp;women&nbsp;in uniform--this song is =
from a=20
time before there were women in uniform--what do you think of=20
that?)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>1.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; We have never ordered "one of =
everything=20
on the menu." (We wouldn't be able to fit into those sequined=20
gowns!)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Hope to see you at the concert!</DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C313E2.0A7237A0--