[Vision2020] school board election

John Danahy jdanahy@turbonet.com
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:19:13 -0700

Bill and Visionairies;
     Bill's questions deserve a response, and I had hoped someone from
the district would have answered him.  Barring that, I will try.
There are two trustee zones up for re-election.  Zone 2 has one declared
candidate, a Keely Mix.  There will be no election for Zone 2 unless
someone files for write-in candidacy by May 6.
Zone 5 has two declared candidates,  Gerry Weitz and Margaret Dibble.
There will be an election on May 20th.  Only residents of Zone 5 can
vote in the election.  There is a legal description of Zone 5 boundaries
on the MSD website. A very rough guess shows Zone 5 to be sort of C
shaped along the west side of town extending from the northern boundary
to the southern boundary.
If anyone thinks they are in Zone 5, I would call the district office to
verify your status.  Absentee ballots are available, also.

Hope this helps.

John
jdanahy@turbonet.com

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]
On Behalf Of Bill London
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 8:36 AM
To: Vision2020
Subject: [Vision2020] school board election

As I understand May 20 is the Moscow School Board election.
I would like someone with more info than I to post to the list the
specifics of this election--
-can voters only vote for the board member representing their district?
(so can voters only vote if they live in those districts?)
-who is running and in which districts?
-what are the boundaries of the districts with elections (posting a map
of the district would be great)?
-how about a statement from the candidates about why they are running,
what they want to do about major district issues?
BL

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com