[Vision2020] Who is Smarter/Past support for Hussein

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam@hotmail.com
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:51:55 -0800

<P>Mr. Hansen,</P>
<P>I remember Iran-Contra&nbsp;quite well; that's why I brought up the subject of Hussein in the Eighties.&nbsp; My point was that we supported him then.&nbsp; If you're going to mention Iran-Contra, then of course it's worth also mentioning how the money from the missile sales was illegally sent to the Contras, but then, that's why we called it Iran-Contra in the first place...It's hard to forget Poindexter since Dubya has included him in his administration.</P>
<P>As far as drawing a line, I guess I don't follow what you mean.&nbsp; I remember Reagan saying that he wouldn't deal with the hostage-takers; maybe his vision was blurry and he couldn't tell where the line was.</P>
<P>As far as our warnings to Syria and Iran, are you concerned that perhaps it's just the next phase in the war?&nbsp; Are we really bringing our people home as soon as this war is over?</P>
<P>I hope I'm wrong...</P>
<P>Sunil<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: Thomas Hansen <TOMH@FNA.FSN.UIDAHO.EDU>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: 'Sunil Ramalingam' <SUNILRAMALINGAM@HOTMAIL.COM>, WMSteed@aol.com, wheelz@turbonet.com, vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Who is Smarter
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:42:43 -0800
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Two things Mr. Ramalingam -
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;1) Do the words "Arms for Hostages" recall anything? Do the names Admiral
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Poindexter and Lieutenent Colonel Oliver North bring back any memories?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Reagan was a major "deal maker". He assisted Iraq while supplying arms to
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Iran.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;2) I feel that Reagan's "deals" were, at minimum, immoral. But, it did
<DIV></DIV>&gt;result in the return of hostages from Iran. Granted this may be considered
<DIV></DIV>&gt;a major foul-up on our government's part. But, I also feel that we MUST
<DIV></DIV>&gt;draw a line somewhere.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;FYI, at the same time that we warned Syria about supporting Iraq, we also
<DIV></DIV>&gt;warned Iran about taking any action against Iraq.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Tom Hansen
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Moscow, Idaho
<DIV></DIV>&gt;