[Vision2020] Rumours sow uncertainty in US ranks

Thomas Hansen tomh@FNA.fsn.uidaho.edu
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 08:04:47 -0800

I subscribe to Sport Illustrated and Mr. Reilly's "Life of Reilly" is the
first article I go to.  He is an extremely poignant writer who is always
upbeat and optimistic.

Thanks for the posting, Mr. Westberg.

Take care,

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Westberg [mailto:carlwestberg846@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 7:57 AM
To: johnbharrell@yahoo.com; vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Rumours sow uncertainty in US ranks

In the new Sports Illustrated, Rick Reilly's back page column concerns the
unimportance of sports right now, yet how sports are an important diversion
for the troops, giving them something to take their minds off the war.  In
essence, the article says "let the games go on."  He ends with a paragraph
that states my feelings as a war opponent far better that I could.  Mr
Reilly writes: "There are millions of us in this country who hate this war,
hate how it came to this, hate what it will leave behind in sorrow and debt
and newly minted terrorists. But we respect you who must fight it, are
humbled by your service, honor you for your willingness to die for our
flag."  No comment.

     Carl Westberg Jr.