[Vision2020] Rumours sow uncertainty in US ranks

John Harrell johnbharrell@yahoo.com
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 22:17:48 -0800 (PST)

Hello Ya'all,

(You may skip my personal commentary and jump directly to the article below.}

I really hope that our young men and women out there on the front lines
believe that all of America is behind them and supports them. Because if
just one dies because they hesitate due to being unsure of their cause,
sowed by any anti-war rhetoric here at home, I wouldn't want to have that
on my conscience.

Regardless of your position on this war, the president has determined
that our young men and women should be there and so they are. Let's pray
that this ends quickly, that terrorism ends, and our young men and
women can come home.

Cheers!
John Harrell

------------------
Rumours sow uncertainty in US ranks

Australian Broadcasting Corporation
March 31, 2003
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s820107.htm

They say an ice cream machine is on its way.

"I hope it's true," US Marine Corporal Jason St Pierre said, resting on a crate at a
roadside ammunition dump in southern Iraq.

"I like ice cream, the way they put strawberries in it, and the seeds stick between your
teeth," the 22-year-old said, distracted for a
time from the high explosive shells stacked all around him.

The story is a fantasy but like many of the rumours circulating among US troops in Iraq,
it does say something about what's on many
soldiers' minds.

{..snip..see URL above for complete article..}