[Vision2020] Nationalism In Iraq

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 09:45:26 -0800

Greetings Visionaires -

One thing that everybody must also take into consideration when viewing
these news stories on television is that Iraqi officials, both military and
government (these have become interchangeable), are watching and analyzing
the same news stories.

Do you seriously believe that our military/government officials are willing
to televise 100% accuracy.  I know I wouldn't want to put our troops at
serious risk.  It is my impression that our military/government officials
release certain items to the press, then monitor field communications
between certain Iraqi elements (the Republican Guard, for instance).