[Vision2020] Anti-War Rhetoric

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 12:46:52 -0800

<P>John,</P>
<P>I think the only one that is putting our troops in harm's way is George W. Bush. The Soldiers are not on the internet or sitting back watching CNN or Fox news to see what people are saying. I think it is now evident that while many Iraqis don't like Saddam, they don't like the US and British Troops in&nbsp;their Country either. We need to pull out of Iraq while before more soldiers are pointlessly killed. Pulling out now would save thousands and lives, bring stability back to the Middle East, and more importantly, the UN employees can get back in to deliver food and aid to 60% of the Iraqi population which is what they were doing before the US forced them out. Anti-War people are just that, Anti-war, and no war puts troops in less danger then any war will. Do you really think blocking UN employees from delivering food and water&nbsp;to nearly 60% of the Iraqi population that is their own means of survival is ACTUALLY helping this people?&nbsp; </P></DIV>
<P>Donovan Arnold<BR><BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: John Harrell <JOHNBHARRELL@YAHOO.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: Vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [Vision2020] Anti-War Rhetoric
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 11:35:09 -0800 (PST)
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Could all the anti-war rhetoric cause morale problems with your troops?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Could this morale problem have our troops second-guessing what they are
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;doing and their committment, and cause them to lose "the edge" needed to
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;survive? Could this then cause our troops to be killed? Is it then fair
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;to say that anti-war protesting can cause our troops to be killed?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;See below for some of the rhetoric.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Cheers!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;John Harrell
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;--------------------------
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;"A Columbia University professor told thousands of students and faculty that
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;he would like to see 'a million Mogadishus' -- referring to the 1993 ambush
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;in Somalia that killed 18 Americans and inspired the movie 'Black Hawk Down.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;' The professor, Nicholas De Genova, also called for the defeat of U.S.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;forces in Iraq and said, 'The only true heroes are those who find ways that
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;help defeat the U.S. military.' And he asserted that Americans who call
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;themselves 'patriots' are white supremacists."
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;- Associated Press, 3/28/03
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;[ CU website: npd18@columbia.edu ]
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;--------------------------
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;"Even if civilian casualties in Iraq are light, expect a great deal of
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;attention to the subject in the days ahead. In a numbers-obsessed society,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;focusing relentlessly on the details of innocents - and inflating the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;numbers, if necessary - is a conventional way of undermining support for the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;war."
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;- Columnist John Leo
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;--------------------------
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;"Another annoyance: I was flipping through the cable news channels and came
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;across someone who was sadly reporting that only about 34 percent of the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;country now thought the war was going well.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;"That 34 percent number was shocking. So. I looked it up. Here's the scoop:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;The latest CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll asked: 'How would you say the war with
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Iraq has gone for the U.S. so far: very well, moderately well, moderately
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;badly, or very badly?' As the commentator suggested, 34% said 'very well.'
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;"But what he neglected to say was that 51% said it was going 'moderately
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;well.' Put together, fully EIGHTY-FIVE PERCENT of those polled had a
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;favorable view toward the conduct of the war."
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;- Rich Galen, Mullings.com, 3/28/03
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;__________________________________________________
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Do you Yahoo!?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://platinum.yahoo.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;_____________________________________________________
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; List services made available by First Step Internet,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; http://www.fsr.net
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>