[Vision2020] MSD financial condition

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 11:09:08 -0800

Debbie wrote:
> I am posting this again, just to put the education budget in
> context with the other budgets.

Sorry, I must have missed that posting the first time. I certainly *would*
have commented on it!  :)

> Notice that education
> increases are lower than any other category. You make it
> sound like only education is spiraling out of control w/no
> reason. Why are the other budgets growing so dramatically?

Thank you. *All* the budgets are spiraling out of control. As a taxpayer, I
would hope that you'd be outraged!

The education budget makes up 64.2% of the total budget numbers you
provided. But don't expect me to say that it's OK that the education budget
is fine just because it's increasing at a lower rate than the rest! I think
it would be fiscally responsible to say that the budgets may not be
increased at a higher rate than the previous year's inflation rate.

Dale