[Vision2020] MSD financial condition

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:09:38 -0800

> Aren't you assuming that at some time in the past there was
> an optimal teacher-student ratio, an optimal funding level,
> optimal everything that we have now moved away from? Just
> because there is an increase in teachers, budget $$, etc,
> does not mean that it was already at some 'ideal' operational level.

Debbie,

First, what is the ideal classroom size?

Second, just how far does the MSD student enrollment need to decrease before
we start lowering our variable costs? I'd really like to hear a private
business owner (who manages people and budget) give rational for this? Only
in the government would we consider increasing the budget when the demand
for services decreases 13 percent.

Best,
Dale Courtney