[Vision2020] Picture of Rumsfeld and Hussein as friends!

Bill Strand strand@pacsim.com
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:22:50 -0800

First of all, when I returned from Canada on Saturday, the contracts had not
been awarded. I haven't seen any notice that this has changed. However, the
head of Safety Boss was skeptical that they would get a slice of the action
since they had been able to generate only a small amount of contact with the
US government. The stance by Ottawa was hindering their discussion (so
states the CEO of Safety Boss). Any Canadian company would require UN
approval prior to engaging in any work in Iraq.
>From a political perspective, my uninformed opinion is that contracts will
be awarded in countries that supported the coalition. However, I believe it
is safe to say that there are other companies with equal and/or better
competence in the area of fighting oil well fires. If they are not involved,
there are probably a combination of factors that could be the cause.
Influence takes many forms - both political and personal.
Bill Strand