[Vision2020] George W and Military Experience

thansen@moscow.com thansen@moscow.com
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 22:42:37 GMT

Greetings Visionaires

One thing that fascinates me about King George.  George W managed to get into
the National Guard during Vietnam apparently with no problem.

I enlisted during Vietnam.  There was an 18-month waiting list to get into the
National Guard.  There was a six-month waiting list to get into the Navy.  I
stood outside the offices of both the Marine and Army recruiters and flipped a
coin.  Forty-eight hours later I was being in-processed at Fort Ord, California.

I certainly wish that I knew George W's recruiter.

Tom Hansen
Moscow,
Idaho

           http://www.fsr.net/