[Vision2020] Grenade attack

Douglas dougwils@moscow.com
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:08:12 -0800

Dear visionaries,

Tom writes:
Wake up, Mr. Wilson. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, ok?

Cigar? Cigar? By *that* logic, people will be trussed up in duct tape and
forced to smoke them! That's not why Washington endured at Valley Forge,
fighting the Gestapo as he did, leaving us with the freedom to explore the
arcane avenues of logic. Logic? Logic? Because ice cream has no bones, and
the higher they fly the much!

Melynda made some good points in her post, and acknowledged the only thing
that I was maintaining in my initial post. My point was not that this
gentleman was a good or a bad Muslim, but simply that his religion provided
a possible motive which we ought to be able to discuss in a free society.
The only quibble I think worthy mentioning is that Muslim and Isalm are
both derived from the word for submission, not peace.

Cordially,

Douglas