[Vision2020] News Coverage...

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 23:47:36 -0800

<P>Don, </P>
<P>FOX news is not that bad in comparison to other US news networks, but it is known as a conservative biased network tabloid station. I agree that they are the best for covering the military aspects of this war, however, this is a political war, not a military war. I think the US has the Iraqis beat in the arsenal war by a long shot, who needs military experts for this obvious observation. The Iraqis only have a chance because Russia, Germany and Turkey will not allow the US to take over Baghdad and Northern Iraq.</P></DIV>
<P>Donovan Arnold</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: Don Kaag <DKAAG@TURBONET.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: Vision 2020 <VISION2020@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [Vision2020] News Coverage...
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:42:10 -0800
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Gentlefolk:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I am on Dish Network, and get all of the news feeds. After skipping
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;around on a regular basis, I tend to go with Fox. They have some
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;really savvy reporters up at the"sharp end", embedded with the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;actual troops, and they have some retired officers from each service
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;as expert commentators, who know an LAV-25 from a SAW, and an A-10
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;from an F-18.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Some of the bloopers in the war coverage on the alphabet networks
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;are amazing. The "talking heads" haven't a clue about military
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;terminology, and consistently get unit designations wrong, among
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;other things.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Don Kaag
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;_____________________________________________________
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;List services made available by First Step Internet, serving the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;communities of the Palouse since 1994.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://www.fsr.net
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>