[Vision2020] News Coverage...

Don Kaag dkaag@turbonet.com
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:42:10 -0800

Gentlefolk:

I am on Dish Network, and get all of the news feeds.  After skipping
around on a regular basis, I tend to go with Fox.  They have some
really savvy reporters up at the"sharp end", embedded with the actual
troops, and they have some retired officers from each service as expert
commentators, who know an LAV-25 from a SAW, and an A-10 from an F-18.

Some of the bloopers in the war coverage on the alphabet networks are
amazing.  The "talking heads" haven't a clue about military
terminology, and consistently get unit designations wrong, among other
things.

Don Kaag