[Vision2020] PCEI movie fundraiser: "The River Runs through it"

Bryan E. Burke wheelz@turbonet.com
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 15:13:57 -0800

Movie fundraiser for the
Palouse-Clearwater Environmental Institute
http://www.pcei.org

"The River Runs through it"
Kenworthy Performing Arts Centre, 508 S. Main St., Moscow, ID
Saturday, March 29th
7:00 and 9:30 PM

Admission $5
Advanced tickets $4 via Book People, Moscow & Daily Grind Espresso, Pullman

The symbolism of water and nature has been especially powerful in the human
story. When Norman Maclean wrote "The River Runs through it" he tapped into
what nature can teach us. Fly-fishing is symbolic of life. If you learn to
do it well, to understand and respect the river, the fish, and yourself,
you will have attained the skill and wisdom to live a good life.

A "River" flows through our lives on the Palouse as well. It is, of course,
Paradise Creek, and it has taught lessons and given many children fond
memories of exploring nature and discovering themselves. This is why the
Palouse-Clearwater Environmental Institute has chosen this movie to show.

PCEI uses Paradise Creek as a teaching laboratory in its Environmental
Education Program. Also, with the help of its members, the community, local
businesses, and local agencies, PCEI has been conducting stream restoration
work on Paradise Creek--planting trees, firming up banks, and adjusting
channels to their natural meander. The proceeds from this fundraiser will
help support these and other activities.

PCEI is about "Connecting People, Place, and Community." If you have
questions about PCEI, please call our office (208) 882-1444.

*******
Interested in fly-fishing? See one of our event underwriters, the
Clearwater Flycasters. http://www.clearwaterflycasters.com . Their
membership includes anglers of all levels of ability, and they are involved
in conservation issues in Washington and Idaho. Thanks for the help!

Looking for additional entertainment? After the movie, walk around the
corner to John's Alley for music by "Frame of Mind". Their live music
schedule is at http://members.fortunecity.com/johnsalley/music.htm . Thanks
for the underwriting Brian!

The Red Door. The place is synonymous with great food and fine dining. If
you haven't eaten there, you've missed one of the best restaurants in the
region. Main St., Moscow. Thanks Jeanne-Amie & Tracy!

Cactus Computer Co. They have all your computer solutions and more: PCS
phones, custom computers, internet dial-up & DSL, hardware and software,
and academic discounts. Main St. Moscow. Thanks Monica and Tony!

Daily Grind Espresso. They perk up the Palouse. See their Friday night live
music schedule http://www.dailygrindespresso.com . The area's only coffee
shop with all Fair Trade coffee, an organic blend, and offering health
insurance to all employees. Main St. Pullman. Thanks Charlene!

AmericanWest Bank http://www.awbank.net serves the community with personal
& commercial services. Its employees play a strong role in numerous, vital,
local activities and organizations. S. Jackson, Moscow. Thanks!

Brused Books. "We buy and sell used books." Brused books is one of those
businesses that adds something special to Main St. Pullman. Thanks Bruce!

Paradise Creek Bicycles. One of the oldest shops in the northwest, and
caters to the whole family. They're moving next door to their old location.
"We sell the best and service the rest."  Main St. Moscow. Thanks Earl!

Tri-State. http://www.t-state.com/Moscow.htm Idaho's most interesting store
has been serving Moscow, Pullman, and the people of the Palouse region
since 1946. Thanks Gerard for your generous, continous support!

Book People of Moscow. Order books from online at http://www.bookpeople.net
. Don't forget to buy your advanced tickets at Book People. Thanks Bob!