[Vision2020] Eleven Reasons to Give Actors a Break

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 21:18:04 +0000

David and All:

The main point raised in Bob's post was the lack of actual military training
and/or service in many of the top Bush administration leaders.  If
actors/actresses are speaking on issues for which they are unqualified,
which you suggest, should we not address the point Bob raised of the lack of
military experience in governmental leaders, leaders who are more in need of
real experience regarding the crucial decisions they must take on our behalf
in our "democracy," than actors/actresses who are just exercising their free
speech rights, though admittedly with far more exposure than most citizens
due to their celebrity status?

Ted