[Vision2020] Today's Headlines

John Danahy jdanahy@turbonet.com
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:22:46 -0800

Okay, he kept his campaign promise and vetoed this bill, what about the
next one?  I predict a minor change in the funding formula, probably in
Health and Welfare and higher ed, followed by the Governor "reluctantly
(ha ha) signing it.  This has been a done deal since late November.

John
jdanahy@turbonet.com

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]
On Behalf Of WMSteed@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 1:13 PM
To: thansen@moscow.com; vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Today's Headlines

In a message dated 3/13/03 7:03:24 AM, thansen@moscow.com writes:

<< Today's Spokesman Review Headlines:

GOVERNOR VETOES BUDGET CUTS

Thanks again, Representative Trail. >>

I find it interesting that Tom Trail, who wrote a letter to the Governor
last
week, could be given any credit for the Governor's veto yesterday.  The
Governor has promised no more cuts in education (and other programs)
since
the legislature went into session in January.  My perspective is that
Rep.
Trail tied his name to a sure thing and had at least one person give him

undeserved credit for the result.

Walter Steed

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com