[Vision2020] Canadian bacon

Aaron Schneider durstann@yahoo.com
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:33:18 -0800 (PST)

--0-25252782-1047587598=:30043

 Carl Westberg <carlwestberg846@hotmail.com> wrote:
Mr. Schneider, your point is well taken. However, could this not be put
down as collateral damage?

Carl Westberg Jr.

The provision for collateral damage is explicitly set forth in the passage I quoted.  Specifically, attacks involving civilian casualities "which would be excessive in relation to the concrete and direct military advantage anticipated" are prohibited.  Attacks which are not excessive, or which only have peripheral collateral damage are acceptable under the geneva convention.

While I'm sure that Spears and Timberlake would debilitate Canada's militiary (motto: Canada has a militiary?), the effects on the civilian population would be unconscionable.

-Aaron Schneider