[Vision2020] Canadian bacon

Aaron Schneider durstann@yahoo.com
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:00:11 -0800 (PST)

--0-1702825925-1047585611=:99339

 Carl Westberg <carlwestberg846@hotmail.com> wrote:

... or we will
send them Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake.

According to Chapter II Article 51 of the Geneva convention, in order to protect civilian populations indiscriminate attacks are prohibited.  According to Section 5b of Article 51, indiscriminate attacks include but are not limited to:

an attack which may be expected to cause incidental loss of civilian life, injury to civilians, damage to civilian objects, or a combination thereof, which would be excessive in relation to the concrete and direct military advantage anticipated.

I would like to hear Mr. Westberg's explanation as to how unleashing these two pop icons on Canada would not cause indiscriminate damage to the civilian population.

-Aaron

--0-1702825925-1047585611=:99339

<P>&nbsp;<B><I>Carl Westberg &lt;carlwestberg846@hotmail.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<P><BR>... or we will <BR>send them Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake. </P></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P>According to Chapter II Article 51 of the Geneva convention, in order to protect civilian populations&nbsp;indiscriminate attacks are prohibited.&nbsp; According to Section 5b of Article 51, indiscriminate attacks include but are not limited to:</P>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<P>an attack which may be expected to cause incidental loss of civilian life, <STRONG>injury</STRONG> <STRONG>to civilians</STRONG>, damage to civilian objects, or a combination thereof, which would be excessive in relation to the concrete and direct military advantage anticipated.</P></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P dir=ltr>I would like to hear Mr. Westberg's explanation as to how unleashing these two pop icons on Canada would not cause indiscriminate damage to the civilian population.</P>
--0-1702825925-1047585611=:99339--