[Vision2020] Liberal Thinking

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 06:50:21 -0800

Ted wrote:
> To not joyfully and gleefully offer boxing and lacrosse to
> girls who may
> wish to join the Bonham sports clubs, when there is even the
> slightest hint
> that this club is associated with Logos school, well, this is
> an injustice
> that burns at the soul!  Private clubs do have more control
> over being
> exclusive, of course, though those darn liberals are chipping
> away at that
> great tradition.

Yes, you are chipping away at personal property rights and the rights of
private institutions to provide services that their clientele desire.

I wouldn't break your arm by patting yourself on the back over it, though.
You will find that those private rights that you gleefully seek to remove
may come back to bite you later. Same with Freedom of Speech.

> But let's not forget both Moscow High and the U of I offer
> football only to
> men!  That is, unless there have been some women under all
> that padding that
> I have not heard about.  Onward with the crusade:  let's make
> sure women
> have the same opportunities as men to make idiots out of
> themselves in the
> mud playing football and risking spinal injury, brain injury,
> knee and joint
> problems that will haunt them the rest of their lives, that
> is if they are
> not outright killed on the football field, which happens to a
> few high
> school students just about every year!

Ted, why don't you pass a law that says the NBA, NFL, etc., should have as
many women players as men players? That will effectively kill off all
professional sports.

Again, the liberal agenda is to make laws to suppress what free citizens
desire to do with their personal lives. Tyranny at its best. You might as
well be on Ashcroft's payroll!

Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho