[Vision2020] Computer Seized in Idaho Had 9-11 Targets

Joe Huffman JoeH@turbonet.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:32:01 -0800

Given the amount of information in the newspaper article I'm inclined to
agree with you about the pictures on the hard drive of the Saudi student.
But the case of Wen Ho Lee is completely different.  I too handle government
secrets in a national laboratory. I have a computer hard drive kept in a
safe.  It is EXCEEDINGLY clear that hard drive is not to leave the secure
area.  In addition to the yearly training on handling of classified
information we are required to sign in and out of the safe and the safe is
checked each night to make sure it is closed.  An armed guard checks it
again at random times.  We don't take this type of work home.

A colleague of mine talked to one of the investigators of Mr. Lee.  It was
exceedingly clear that it was not just "taking work home".  It was
espionage.  But they couldn't find "jury convincing" evidence.

-joe-
----
http://www.joehuffman.org
http://www.modernballistics.com