[Vision2020] Amazonian Goddesses Do Battle!

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:58:56 +0000

All:

The very suggestion that Trinitarians' would model their sports programs on
the government school regulations mandating women's sports is unthinkable.
After all, "equality denies difference," to quote Doug Jones, and
Trinitarians' clearly think men and women are different in ways that mandate
they not be given equal treatment, both in chest exposure and exposure to
the rigors of sports.

I would love to match the buffed and trained female "amazonian" children of
gay Goddess worshiping feminist female parents (Don Kaag take note) in
battle against the Trinitarian boys.  Who cares about facts and reason,
let's settle this in battle, and let children and youth fight to promote our
cause!  Surely I jest, but after all, is this not how the dominant
ideologies of the world have spread their beliefs throughout history?

Let's not be so naive as to think that the violence of sports for male youth
has no connection to preparation for warfare.

No one should blink an eye at the endorsement of warrior sports for the
males being raised in a fundamentalist Christian tradition.  Christianity
has been spread by the sword when it could not succeed by "peaceful" means
to convert the natives.  This is a fact of history that of course will be
denied and put through the spin filters of those wishing to place
Christianity in a more favorable light.

But I don't mean to pick on Christianity here, though it is the dominant
religion of our country.  All MAJOR ideologies use violence to promote their
beliefs.  If someone can provide an counter example, I would be grateful.
In anticipation of exceptions I will comment that sadly the ideology of
pacifism is a NOT a major ideology in our world, nor has it ever been.

There is still time for pacifism to become a dominant ideology before the
prevalent attitude of the use of violence to settle conflict leads to
technological and scientific based warfare that could lead to the extinction
of the human race or to a result that will leave the survivors wishing they
were extinct.

Ted