[Vision2020] God Made Them That Way !!!!

DonaldH675@aol.com DonaldH675@aol.com
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 03:26:16 EST

--part1_67.b663210.2b986028_boundary

Dear Visionaries,
I came across an amusing solution to the boxing question. I am told that
Wayne Browning, our local "hitting" trainer is from Australia, so I thought
it would have special meaning for him.
 "Professor John Pearn, a Brisbane Paediatrician, called for an absolute ban
on underage boxing in an August 1998 article in the Journal of Paediatric
Child Health. In the press coverage of the issue he suggested that placing
the head entirely out of bounds would make the sport more challenging, while
at the same time making it safer for participants. Noting past controversy
about other rule changes, he said "in 1938 when the rules were changed
everyone said it was the end of boxing--who will go if you can't hit someone
in the testicles?--but boxing survived" (The Weekend Australian, Nov.
28-29,1998, p41). Simon Chapman, a public health advocate from Sydney
University, has a slightly more tongue-in-cheek response, suggesting that we
make the head out of bounds, but allow blows below the belt on the grounds it
will increase the public spectacle and reduce the reproductive ability of
boxers."
I support Mr. Chapman's splendid suggestion - for all would be warriors over
18.

If young Jeremy Downey is right, - that God made boys for fighting, -  it
would explain why they also eat sugar out of the sugar bowl with soup spoons,
play with matches, jump off bunk beds splitting their heads wide open, poke
crochet hooks in their ears, eat flies and climb a tree to pee on the head of
an unsuspecting older brother. (That only happened ONCE!).  I always imagined
that boys made bizarre choices because they had not formed mature judgment.
Frankly, it never occurred to me that God was responsible.  It would have
been such a comfort when my sons were going through those stages had I only
known.

Laughing my ass off at the very young men of New St. Andrews, who seem to
have all the answers to child rearing, the nature of God, the meaning of the
universe, and enough spare time to prepare reading lists for me.
Rosemary Huskey

--part1_67.b663210.2b986028_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Dear Visionaries,<BR>
I came across an amusing solution to the boxing question. I am told that Way=
ne Browning, our local "hitting" trainer is from Australia, so I thought it=20=
would have special meaning for him.<BR>
 "Professor John Pearn, a Brisbane Paediatrician, called for an absolute ban=
 on underage boxing in an August 1998 article in the Journal of Paediatric C=
hild Health. In the press coverage of the issue he suggested that placing th=
e head entirely out of bounds would make the sport more challenging, while a=
t the same time making it safer for participants. Noting past controversy ab=
out other rule changes, he said "in 1938 when the rules were changed everyon=
e said it was the end of boxing--who will go if you can't hit someone in the=
 testicles?--but boxing survived" (The Weekend Australian, Nov. 28-29,1998,=20=
p41). Simon Chapman, a public health advocate from Sydney University, has a=20=
slightly more tongue-in-cheek response, suggesting that we make the head out=
 of bounds, but allow blows below the belt on the grounds it will increase t=
he public spectacle and reduce the reproductive ability of boxers."<BR>
I support Mr. Chapman's splendid suggestion - for all would be warriors over=
 18.<BR>
<BR>
If young Jeremy Downey is right, - that God made boys for fighting, -&nbsp;=20=
it would explain why they also eat sugar out of the sugar bowl with soup spo=
ons, play with matches, jump off bunk beds splitting their heads wide open,=20=
poke crochet hooks in their ears, eat flies and climb a tree to pee on the h=
ead of an unsuspecting older brother. (That only happened ONCE!).&nbsp; I al=
ways imagined that boys made bizarre choices because they had not formed mat=
ure judgment.&nbsp; Frankly, it never occurred to me that God was responsibl=
e.&nbsp; It would have been such a comfort when my sons were going through t=
hose stages had I only known.<BR>
<BR>
Laughing my ass off at the very young men of New St. Andrews, who seem to ha=
ve all the answers to child rearing, the nature of God, the meaning of the u=
niverse, and enough spare time to prepare reading lists for me.&nbsp; <BR>
Rosemary Huskey<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_67.b663210.2b986028_boundary--