[Vision2020] Doonesbury

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 08:55:54 -0800

> <<It reflects the White House's attitude toward the "war effort" and the
> domestic front.>>

Gallup has been running a poll since the middle of 2002 with the following
question: "Do you favor or oppose United States use of military power to
remove Saddam Hussein from power?"

Those in favor had been ~56% prior to January; however, as of the middle of
Jan 2003 the number in favor has steadily rose, and today it sits at 63% in
*favor*. This 63% is nearly as high as the favorable responses to war after
9/11.

> I would contend it more accurately reflects Garry Trudeau's attitude
toward
> the White House and its present occupant...

No! Really? Trudeau, against war? How shocking! I'm going to take a Valium
and lie down and contemplate such a thing!

<tongue still firmly implanted in cheek>

Best,
Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho