[Vision2020] Now for something completely different: Snow Tires

Jim Baillargeon jjbaillargeon@moscow.com
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 19:12:57 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C2E1B8.E64E04E0

Good neutral topic for my first entry.
    My truck runs no studs, but are siepped,when the going is slick,just =
lock her in 4x4 & be carefull. The family cars i usually run studs on as =
they are front wheel drive & i feel they are safer. last fall picked up =
a new/used car that came with good "all seasons" on it, so i decided to =
go with them this winter (it looking to be mild) and see.So long as the =
road was bare & dry, no problem, but any time a little snow & ice was =
there,it was "white knuckles, & go home". NEXT winter, the studs are =
going on!
    Damage to the roads? too bad, we pay dearly for it already,& safety =
of the family is more important than road wear.=20
Chains? is anyone on the way to work, or a trip to wherever, REALLY =
ready to lay in the snow alongside the road to try & put chains on?? =
Done it myself several times and it was ALWAYS long after i knew i =
should have stopped sooner! Three years ago i took my taurus  with studs =
over Snoqualmie after it was closed , jack-knifed rigs everywhere , & i =
had no problem,'cept for all the stuck cars in the way. studs, the only =
way to fly!
  ----- Original Message -----=20