[Vision2020] Religious Diversity Education

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 08:37:06 +0000

Luke et. al.

Again, you adopt an extreme interpretation of how much we all must think and
act the same before chaos engulfs us.

What you are saying is truly frightening in the stereotyping and
oversimplifications you make of complex issues!  If you can't see that this
sort of extreme thinking is what leads to wars, then you need religious
diversity education desperately.

Remember my comments on the rules of basketball differing and being changed
yet the game is still played according to rules with people enjoying the
sport?  How can the NBA and the NCAA have differing rules yet both leagues
play in an organized manner?  They don't wage battles to force one league to
play with the same rules as the other league.   Hey, this basketball
metaphor is your creation, so if the reality of how basketball is played
does not fit your worldview, you should have picked a different metaphor.

So why can't the Islamic and Christian communities each have their own
religious "league" and play their game, and leave the other league alone?
After all, both are monotheistic religions who accept Christ as an important
spiritual figure.  Why must the existence of these two religions demand one
win over the other?  Why can't they coexist in peace?

Because of people who think like you!

And applying this to Democrats and Republicans, they are both mostly
Christian in their beliefs, as are most of the members of the US military,
so I don't know where you get the idea that Democrats are non-Christians and
Republicans are commonly Christians, this must be more of your extreme
stereotyping at work.   But there are differences of opinion that are
debated and argued and a compromise is reached.  Democracy is not a pretty
and efficient machine, but it is constructed here in the USA in theory to
prevent any one group from gaining total control of our government or
society.

It appears from your comments that you do not respect the principles of
democracy, you want us to all be singing your tune, and any disagreement on
religion or ethics will be met with a hysteria based on a fear of chaos and
disorder.

This is fascist thinking, plain and simple.

BTW, I know very well the world is not all fine and dandy, and those with
rigid irrational views of how we all should think and act the same, are a
large part of the reason.

Ted