[Vision2020] Chipman Trail

Nancy Chaney nchaney@moscow.com
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 15:32:03 -0700

Dear Ben,

As I understand it, the day to day maintenance of the Chipman Trail is
overseen by the Palouse Trail Committee, made up of WSU, UI, the cities
of Moscow & Pullman, and the lead agency, Whitman County. Back in Dec.
2001, Tim Myers of Whitman County Parks Dept. told me that, in general,
Moscow, Pullman, and Whitman County are responsible for their own
jurisdictions. Whitman County oversees certain elements of the trail,
however, including contracting out for weed control. (At that time,
Moscow had opted out of that arrangement, choosing instead to do its own
weed control, mostly by mowing.) I think that your comments could be
directed to Randy Rice (City of Moscow, 883-7000) or Roger Marcus
(Operations Director for Whitman County Parks, (509) 397-6238) depending
on which part of the trail you're concerned about.

Thank you for your interest in our trails. We look forward to seeing you
on the Latah Trail soon!

Nancy Chaney

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]
On Behalf Of Ben Twigg
Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2003 10:41 AM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] Chipman Trail

Does anyone know who is responsible for maintaining
the Chipman Trail? Can local residents volunteer to
help maintain the trail? How does one make comments or
suggestions regarding maintenance of the trail?

Specifically, I think there are a few intersections on
the trail (where it crosses roads) that could be made
safer by trimming the tall grass near the trail.

Lest anyone thinks I am complaining, I consider the
trail one of the best developments in this community
in recent years, and I am grateful for the efforts of
those who maintain its condition.

Please let me know if you have information related to
the questions above. Thank you.

Ben Twigg